Effective Date: September 05, 2020
Please note that the use of the THOYEN Platform constitutes your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree with how we have determined to handle your information, please do not visit or use the THOYEN Platform. The THOYEN Platform is intended for use across all Universities and Colleges in USA as available on the website and local communities and businesses in USA.
Effective Date and Changes
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on or after the Effective Date. THOYEN will periodically review and revise this Policy as THOYEN modifies the Platform and will update the Effective Date above upon any such changes. We will treat your continued use of the THOYEN Platform following such changes as your acceptance of them. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy.
If our practices change regarding previously collected User Information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than those policies in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice and to obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law, but we will not be liable for any failure to do so.
- User Information Collected on the THOYEN Platform
“User Information,” is hereby defined as “your full name (to verify your identity), your university affiliated student email (to ensure you are a currently enrolled student at your University), your date of birth if needed (to confirm that you are over 18 years of age), address, profile photo, phone number and any information that could be used to identify, contact, or locate you directly without using the THOYEN Platform.” Facebook and Google sign up options are provided for ease of sign up wherein your name, email and profile photo are obtained from them.
We can’t help you find the Task without collecting some basic information from you. At various times you may give other personal data. Such information collected is called “Personal Information” and may include, but is not limited to full name, local address, email address, telephone number and any information that could be used to identify, contact, or locate you directly without using the THOYEN Platform. We receive your User Information when you register on the Platform or when you set up financial account information for payment processing or during posting or applying for Tasks. We may also gather information from cookies or web beacons. You can find out more about how they operate in the relevant section of this policy below. We may also collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the THOYEN Platform, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, surveys and other details of your activity on the Platform. In connection with electronic communications we facilitate through the THOYEN Platform we use electronic or manual checks to monitor such communications for trust and security purposes. We obtain data from you either by your inputting your personal details, by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the THOYEN Platform, when we speak to you, or from third parties. Third party information may include financial information from our payment processor partners that we use to update our records and to prevent and detect fraud, and information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the THOYEN Platform over a mobile device.
The User Information may be visible to all Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. If you choose to post a Task via the THOYEN Platform, the contents of such listing will be publicly viewable.
By using the THOYEN Platform, you are authorizing us to collect, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the THOYEN Platform. However, we also provide Users with options and choices regarding how we use and disclose some or all of your Personal Information, as set forth specifically below, including how to access, correct, and/or remove it. You may avoid further said data collection by uninstalling the App from your mobile device and not otherwise using the THOYEN Platform.
When you visit or use the THOYEN Platform, we collect information about you in the following general categories.
- GPS/Location Information: When you visit the THOYEN Platform via a mobile application, we use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location. We collect precise location data through the App when it is used by Users if the Users' devices permit such information collection. We may collect this information when Providers use certain functionality, such as navigating to a location to provide the Tasks, and we may also collect the precise location of a Provider’s device when the App is running in the foreground or background. We may derive a Provider’s approximate location from the Provider’s IP address. The THOYEN Platform utilizes GPS features to update Customers on the status of Providers in route to perform Tasks, to confirm that a Provider performed Tasks, and to improve the services on the THOYEN Platform.
We also may use and disclose GPS location data we collect through the THOYEN Platform for other business purposes, including for legal purposes (such as to enforce our agreements) and in the event of a proposed or actual merger, sale, or other business asset transfers. The location information obtained about a User will be retained in an identifiable manner, along with location data about Task sites where Providers performed Tasks.
- Transaction Information: We may collect transaction details related to your use of the THOYEN Platform, such as type of Task requested, date and time of Task, amount charged, distance traveled, intra-User communications, ratings and reviews, and other related transaction details.
- Customer Registration and Payment: To make sure Customers get paid for certain tasks such as Buy & Sell, PSP obtains information about Provider’s bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Providers. Customers may also have to provide the above information if they receive money for any transactions. To keep your data secure, we do not store your full bank account information or social security number on our servers.
- THOYEN Payment Method: When you add a credit card or bank payment method to your THOYEN account, a third party i.e. Stripe that handles payments for us will receive your card or bank payment information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card or bank payment information on our servers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including the following examples: the hardware model, operating system/version, software names/versions, file names/versions, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the THOYEN Platform, we may collect server logs, which may include device IP addresses, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, browser type, and the third-party site/service accessed immediately prior to interacting with the THOYEN Platform.
- Use of Information
We only use your Personal Information for THOYEN Platform related purposes. Specifically, the purposes of our “use” include platform-analytics, marketing, advertising, and other purposes designed to help us efficiently operate and improve the THOYEN Platform in the following manner:
- to contact you in connection with your THOYEN-related activities (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, account verification text messages, push notification alerts, or important alerts that could affect your relationship with THOYEN),
- for identification and authentication,
- for security and fraud prevention,
- to perform background checks if needed,
- to investigate potential unauthorized use of your information by a Provider,
- to communicate Task requests from you to other Users, and/or
- to suggest potential Customers for your Tasks.
- Advertising and Advertising Opt-Out Provisions
We may also send you email and other messages with personalized offers and information about products and Tasks, and we may use Personal Information to show you online advertising on the THOYEN Platform, other websites, and other online services.
THOYEN provides Users the opportunity to opt out of receiving email marketing communications from us and our partners and gives Users the option to remove their information from our database, not to receive future email marketing communications, or no longer to receive our service. If you receive an unsolicited marketing email from a THOYEN email address, please contact legal@THOYEN.com.
You may also be able to change your mobile device settings to opt out of personalized advertising through apps. For example, for iOS mobile devices, go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; scroll down to “Privacy”; select “Advertising”; and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.” Also, for location-based ads, you may go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; select “Privacy”; select “Location Services”; select “System Services”; and de-select “Location-Based Apple Ads.” For Android mobile devices, go to “Google Settings” on your device; select “Ads”; and check the box labeled “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads.”
Please note that when you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the THOYEN Platform and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the THOYEN Platform and use it for any authorized purpose or research or understanding the trends.
- Use of Your Profile Photos and Other Task-related Photos
“Photos” is defined as any photograph(s), image(s), or graphic(s) or picture(s) that we obtain from Users through the THOYEN Platform, including those uploaded by you or other Users, such as profile photos and Task-related photos.
THOYEN enables Users to post Task-related photos, including “before” and “after” Task photos and has the right to use them for THOYEN related marketing, advertising and other similar purposes. THOYEN will not share your Profile Photos with other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Disclosure of Information to Others
When you use the THOYEN Platform, our third-party partners, such as analytics providers, use tracking technologies to collect information about how the THOYEN Platform is used and about the devices used to access the THOYEN Platform. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When our third-party partners provide such features, they are governed by the privacy policies of their governing organizations. You may be able to change browser or app settings to block and delete these technologies when you access the THOYEN Platform, but that might interfere with the THOYEN Platform’s proper functioning.
To operate the THOYEN Platform, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the THOYEN Platform, we may share your Personal Information with vendors, agents, and third-party service providers in exchange for their support services like email origination, receipt/support services, and other user relationship management services.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the THOYEN Platform to enable the delivery of our online advertising on the THOYEN Platform and on other websites and online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. The following are examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the THOYEN Platform. For example, we use Google Analytics Service for purposes of analyzing usage of the THOYEN Platform. You can find information about Google's privacy practice at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Payment Processing: We use STRIPE to process any billing information between Users and between Users and us, including credit card information Users submit. You can find information about STRIPE's privacy practice at https://stripe.com/us/privacy. THOYEN does not process payments from Users and instead relies on STRIPE. STRIPE handles and store your payment details. Neither THOYEN nor merchants, if any, on the Platform have access to this information.
- Platform Features: We use Sinch to mask your telephone number when you call another User through the App. You can find information about Sinch's privacy practice at: https://www.sinch.com/privacy-policy/
- Other Users: When you agree to provide Tasks as a Provider, we will display certain information about you to the Customer who requested the work, including your name, photograph, location, and rating. When you submit a Task request as a Customer, we will display certain information about you to Providers, including your name, address, photograph (if any), rating, and photographs of the Task site.
- Legal and Similar Disclosures: We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate in the following situations: to comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; to respond to your requests; or to protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose your Personal Information as part of a dispute among Users or between Users and THOYEN as well as to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of THOYEN assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- With Your Permission: We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission as set forth herein.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your Personal Information is authorized to use your Personal Information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your Personal Information by them.
- How to Edit Your Personal Information
THOYEN provides you with the ability to access and edit your Personal Information: Sign into the app, access the More menu, and then view and update/correct your Edit Profile. So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as your name, that you cannot alter yourself. Please contact us at support@THOYEN.com to change information you cannot access through your account.
- Information Retention
We retain personal data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be in our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- Children’s (Under 18 years) Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18, as the THOYEN Platform is not directed at Users under 18. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected User Information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete or disable such information.
- Our Security Precautions
Your THOYEN profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized THOYEN employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. THOYEN staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer or mobile device, in order to protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties, you should sign out of your THOYEN account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. THOYEN has security measures in place intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
THOYEN takes steps to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, THOYEN cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. THOYEN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE SHOULD ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OBTAIN THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO THE THOYEN PLATFORM.
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Online Services
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the THOYEN Platform. The THOYEN Platform may contain links to other websites or online services; and we of course are not responsible for other websites’ privacy practices. We advise Users upon leaving the THOYEN Platform to review carefully the privacy statements of any website that collects personally identifiable information.
Note that, as set forth herein, we do not provide your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- Contacting THOYEN
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of THOYEN, or your dealings with THOYEN, you may contact us by email at legal@THOYEN.com or by mail at THOYEN LLC., Attn: Policy, 2603 Cottage Creek Ct., Pearland Texas 77584.